Saturday, July 7, 2007

Week 8- Thing #18 - Google Docs

I uploaded a Excel spreadsheet into Google Docs. After taking an Excel class I created this spreadsheet to keep track of my CEU's. For this exercise I uploaded it into Google Docs I changed some of the fonts with color, Italics and highlighting.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=o06181464088301885789.2654621366885444964&hl=en_US

This is a great application and very useful for many people.I can see people in the workforce and student in particular using Google Docs. For example, students could send someone their essay or thesis to proofread and the person proofreading could highlight the suggested changes. I can see people in the workforce using Google Docs when there are multiple people involved in a project and they need to send detailed memos,or to edit meeting minutes,or writing grants, plugging in current statistics, etc. It's just another way of communicate within multiple offices with out having a meeting. Everyone can have access to the same document at the same time.Microsoft Office look out!!!

No comments: