Saturday, June 16, 2007

Week 3 - Flickr mashups and 3rd party - Thing # 6

Some of the mashups were fun to watch. I watched someone surfing off Hatteras, wishing I was there. Not necessarily surfing but soaking up the rays! I have a similar program on my computer at home called Photojams which allows you to make a slideshow of your photos. This is great for showing off your vacation to your friends or making a slideshow of your kid's activities.

My favorite spot on the 3rd party site was the trip planner. I thought it was really neat that you could copy someone else's trip and then customize it to your likings. Half of the trouble and work planning a similar trip is already done for you, i.e. where to stay, where to eat, airline, activities, etc. My son, who just graduated from Virginia Tech, wants to backpack in Europe before he settles down in a "Real Job" in the "Real World". So I emailed him someones trip planner that was posted to give him some ideas. Maybe he'll post his trip someday!

1 comment:

betsyboop said...

hey Sharon,

you are about one week and lots of ideas ahead of me....

betsyboop