Friday, June 29, 2007

Week 6 -Thing # 14 - Technorati

I think I now understand Technorati.It's a search engine for blogs. When I searched Learning 2.0 you could choose, Quick view, posts, blogs, video, photos ,music & events. I clicked on Quick View and there were recent blogs, videos and photos.I decided to watch the video named Learning 2.0 Grand Prize Drawing.This was the drawing that PLCMC had for a lucky winner who had completed the 2.0 program.The person received a new laptop. NICE PRIZE!!!!
When exploring the popular tab on Technorati, there didn't seem to be too many surprises for me. Engadget is ranked # 1 for Top Blogs. This doesn't surprise me especially with the iPhone being released last week.There was even a photo of the mayor of Philadelphia camping out for an iphone! The top searches weren't surprising either, knowing what everyone who comes in the library uses like MySpace,youtube,iphone, they are the popular site that people use everyday.
On Technorati, you can also search by tags ranging from funny to glasco airport to transformers, etc. The tags depend on what people are interested in at the time and what's hot!
I'm not sure if I would use this as much as some of the other activities. I don't have time to sit and read other people's blog. My Life is one big Blog!!!!

No comments: