Friday, June 22, 2007

Week 4- Thing #8 - RSS Feeds

Really Simple Syndication IS really simple. It's just like adding things to your favorites list.
I did select feeds that were pre-selected for you and I also learned how to add and delete others. When looking on some of my favorite quilting site, I noticed that not all sites are set up as RSS. One way you can tell, sometimes, is at the very bottom of the last page, RSS will be mentioned. So then you just copy the address and paste it in the subscribe box. On other sites, RSS wasn't mentioned anywhere, but a blog might have been part of the website and that could be subscribed to. One of my feeds is a recipe website, Recipezaar. When I subscribed to that, it gave me all kinds of options within Recipezaar to subscribe to, not the whole site itself, and then you would just click the boxes of the ones that you are interested in and you could subscribe to them.
I did place a link to my feeds on my blog.

3 comments:

JimD said...

Of all the things in the program, I think I'm most likely to add RSS to my daily routine. It takes away the need to check a bazillion web sites to keep up to date.

Anthony said...

You've been tagged! Click this link to find out what this is.

Anthony said...

Let's try this again.

You've been tagged! Follow this link to find out what this is.